Our mission is to breed high quality Australian Labradoodle Puppies to bring LOVE, JOY and LAUGHTER to your home.
Below are some tips to help you prepare for your new puppy:
The first step is to Puppy-proof your home. Australian Labradoodle puppies are very smart and have a great sense of smell. Therefore, you will need to keep a careful watch on what they find to put in their mouths. Here is a list of items that you should make sure are never accessible to your puppy/dog.
- Home insecticide products
- Anti-inflammatory medications (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.)
- Sugarless chewing gum - the artificial sweeteners are toxic to dogs
- Any prescription medications
- Fabric softener sheets
- Laundry detergent packets
- Dishwashing detergent powder and packets
- Pencils and pens
- Lighter fluid
- Tobacco products
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cat litter box and other animal feces
- Cat food
- Rat, Mouse, Slug and Snail bait
- Disinfectants and bleach
Here are some human foods that are harmful to puppies/dogs:
- Grapes and raisins
- Avocados, onions, garlic
- Chocolate in all forms
- Gum, candy, or foods sweetened with xylitol
- Moldy or spoiled foods
- Raw yeast dough
Some objects that you should be sure are up and out of reach:
- Buttons and any small hard objects, i.e., nails, needles, scissors, etc.
- Bread twisty ties and plastic wrap
- Balls that are too small or have a smooth coating.
- Cotton swabs, dental floss, string, yarn
- Human hair ties, hair pins and rubber bands
- Ear plugs
Next, here are suggested items for the puppy’s Comfort & Safety:
Below are some products that you can purchase for your puppy. Click on the puppy bell for products that you can buy specifically for your puppy on Amazon. The dog store is for all dogs and puppies. If you would like, you can also simply click on the specific photos/links below for some products that we feel you may need. The products needed will be based on your specific needs and wants. Some people do not crate train their puppies or may not use a play pen. This is a general list of items that can help you with your puppy.
- Wire crate appropriate size 30” minis, 36” mediums, 42” standards. Best to purchase a crate with a divider to remove once they grow. This is the best way to potty train your dog. Not ‘cruel,’ but actually gives your puppy comfort like a ‘den’ once they adjust to it. A wooden crate can also be purchased but I would start with the wire crate. Dog pens are also a great area to have control of your puppies when needed.
- Crate pad/liner - machine washable
- Adult collar/harness and leash (we send your puppy home with a collar, but some people want specific colors or designs).
- ID tag
- Food and water bowls (stainless steel – avoid plastic which can leach into the food/water)
- Food scoop and storage bin
- Dog beds. We buy most of our dog beds on Amazon. We also buy Wash’nZip at washnzippetbed.com. Easy to clean and hard to destroy! Get the Puppy Proofer too. Use the discount code DELTA when ordering.
- Puppy waste bags - Please remember that you cannot walk your puppy in general areas until after the third shot or 16 weeks old.
- Puppy toys. They love the crinkle and squeek toys.
- Nylabone Puppy Starter Kit with Chew Toys.
- Plant-powered Wondercide Protects Your Pets, Home, & Yard from Pesky Fleas & Ticks. Lab Proven, Vet Approved Flea & Tick Lineup Safe for Dogs & Cats When Used As Directed.
- Feeding suggestions: NUTRITION matters: The choice you make plays a vital role in the health and long life of your pet.
- Puppy food - Your puppy has been fed Small Batch both Beef Frozen and Beef Freeze Dried Raw Diet.
- There is a significant difference in quality so please don’t risk feeding your pup foods that may be recalled or source ingredients from China or ingredients that are toxic. Sign up for recalls here: www.dogfoodadvisor.com
- If you choose to change from the Raw Diet, we refer many clients to Pet Food Express as they are highly trained on Pet Food and can recommend something that will work for both you and puppy. Nulo and Fromm are great kibbles. We recommend staying away from the Protein Chicken for puppies first year, if they are going to have an allergy it could be to chicken.
We recommend that you continue with Small Batch for at least the first 14 days your puppy is in your home. Your puppy will come with a three-day supply of Smallbatch dog food. If you choose to feed a different food after the first 2 weeks, please make the transition gradually so as to not upset the digestive system of your puppy. You can transition from Smallbatch by using 75%, 50% and then 25% of Smallbatch to your transition food. The change would be every 5-7 days.
- Vitamins: NUVET PLUS WELLNESS WAFERS ©. Why? Gives pets the Longest-Healthiest lives possible. It is filled with vital nutrients missing in processed pet food which boosts immunity, reduces cell damage which causes rapid aging, and supports optimal health. They have a 23-year recall free record and human grade ingredients. Click here: http://www.nuvet.com/91051 OR Call 800-474-7400, reference # 91051 (They also carry natural ear cleaner, shampoos and spot remover for potty training) They offer Auto-Ship which breaks down to about $16 a month.